RDOWS MISSION STATEMENT
September 25, 2007
RESPONSIBLE DOG OWNERS OF THE WESTERN STATES
P.O. Box 1406 Newport, WA 99156Web Site http://www.povn.com/rdows E-mail US firstname.lastname@example.orgBlog https://rdows.wordpress.com E-mail List http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rdows Cherie Graves, Chairwoman, WA, (509) 447-2821Judy Schreiber-Dwornick, Assistant to the Chair, Director at Large, email@example.comHermine Stover, Secretary, Press Liaison, CA, firstname.lastname@example.orgArkansas Director, Roger Schnyer email@example.comCalifornia Director, Jan Dykema firstname.lastname@example.orgIllinois Director, Elizabeth Pensgard email@example.comIndiana Director, Charles Coffman firstname.lastname@example.orgIowa Director, Leisa Boysen email@example.comMississippi Director, Dan Crutchfield firstname.lastname@example.orgNevada Director, Ken Sondej email@example.comOhio Director, Tiffany Skotnicky firstname.lastname@example.orgOklahoma Director, Jade Harris email@example.com
Tennessee Director, Gina Cotton firstname.lastname@example.org
Texas Director, Alvin Crow email@example.com
MISSION STATEMENTResponsible Dog Owners of the Western States was founded October 15, 1989. The group’s name may be abbreviated R.D.O.W.S. It is a not for profit group. RDOWS MISSION IS TO PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING PUBLIC SERVICES
- Provide speakers for dog clubs, service clubs, and community centers throughout the western states.
- Have information booths at dog shows
- Formulate alternative legislation to that which infringes upon the rights of people to own or utilize their dogs.
- Attend council, commissioner, and committee meetings.
- Conduct aggressive letter writing campaigns to city councils, county commissioners state legislatures, newspapers, magazines, TV, and radio stations.
- Keep the dog owning public informed of any legislation directly concerning ownership and use of dogs.
- Actively work to cause reasonable dog legislation to be enacted.
- Oppose legislation that infringes upon any citizen’s right to responsibly own animals.
- We actively fight legislation that undermines the right to own, show, hunt, or breed dogs, including breeding bans, mandatory spay/neuter, and breed specific codes or ordinances.
- RDOWS promotes the responsible ownership, care, nurture, husbandry, and treatment of dogs.